SolUnesco seeks a self-directed and self-motivated Landman with the ability to support future project management and local government relations to accelerate SolUnesco’s Tennessee market entry. You will meet with landowners to secure real property rights, represent SolUnesco at local government meetings, plan and participate in local events, develop relationships with local governments and other key stakeholders and generally support the development of Utility-Scale Solar Energy projects. This role requires excellent people skills and strong skills in communication, business, finance, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Meet with landowners to secure real property rights.
- Assess/document land suitability factors such as slope, wetlands, vegetation, and existing electrical infrastructure on site.
- Present SolUnesco’s contract terms.
- Address landowner questions.
- Initially coordinate closely with our lead developers to execute real property option agreements and overtime closing agreements.
- Engage with and educate a variety of local stakeholders as to utility-scale solar’s value proposition.
- Research zoning processes and permitting requirements.
- Engage with local governments throughout the permitting process.
- Participate in local events, meeting with and educating attendees.
- Ideally located in central TN, with the ability to travel to meetings or events across the state. Must have a reliable personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed), a current driver’s license and insurance, and the ability to obtain a rental car if needed for longer trips.
- Physical ability to walk outdoors on uneven, overgrown terrain. May be required to move or close cattle gates.
- Self-directed and able to act quickly and independently.
- Good observation and note-taking abilities.
- Strong people and communication skills, with the ability to engage and understand concerns and questions, speak persuasively and distill complex topics into understandable terms.
- Experience in real estate development is important.
- Knowledge of solar energy systems, local government decision-making processes and GIS (Geographic Information Systems) such as Google Earth and ARC GIS is helpful.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A flexible schedule, with availability in the evenings and weekends is required.
Hours and Compensation
Estimated 10-60 hours per week depending on your success. We are hiring a part-time consultant with the expectation that you will become a full-time employee. We will work with you to coordinate your availability with our needs, and will need flexibility from you.
- $40-$60 per hour depending on qualifications, initially not to exceed of $7,500 per month.
- Incentives equal to a potential doubling of your pay.